HOSA National Leadership Conferences
- 2014 - June 25-28 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Orlando Florida
- 2015 - June 24-27 - Hilton Anaheim - Anaheim, California
- 2016 - June 22-25 - Gaylord Opryland Hotel - Nashville, Tennessee
- 2017 - June 21-24 - Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Orlando Florida
2014 Washington Leadership Academy
- The 8th Annual Washington Leadership Academy will be held September 20-23, 2014 in Washington, DC. Please check back in August for registration and hotel information.
2014 Nevada State Conferences
- March 16-19, 2014
About the Carson High Chapter of HOSA
HOSA is a national student organization endorsed by the U.S. Department of Education and the Health Science Education Division of ACTE. HOSA's two-fold mission is to promote career opportunities in the health care industry and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people. HOSA's goal is to encourage all health occupations instructors and students to join and be actively involved in the HSE-HOSA Partnership.
HOSA provides a unique program of leadership development, motivation, and recognition exclusively for secondary, postsecondary, adult, and collegiate students enrolled in HSE programs. HOSA is 100% health care!
Since its inception in 1976, HOSA has grown steadily reaching nearly 120,000 members through 47 chartered HOSA State Associations and approximately 3,200 secondary and postsecondary/collegiate chapters in 2009-2010.
HOSA is not a club to which a few students in school join. Rather, HOSA is a powerful instructional tool that works best when it is integrated into the HSE curriculum and classroom. HSE instructors are committed to the development of the total person. Those who join the HSE-HOSA Partnership recognize the importance of providing students with training far beyond the basic technical skills needed for entry into the health care field. The rapidly changing health care system needs dedicated workers who, in addition to their technical skills, are people-oriented and capable of playing a leadership or followership role as a member of a health care team.